We are looking for responsible, energetic individuals who are seeking flexible hours in a fun, fast paced environment. Lifeguarding requires professional and dependable individuals who will demonstrate honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility. If you are enthusiastic, love people and the water - this could be the perfect place for you.
Must be able to maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Able to create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
• Performs as a leader and role model for other staff members and patrons.
• Shows up for work in the correct uniform on time and ready to work.
• Knows and practices all emergency procedures and responds accordingly, which includes attending all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
• Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the aquatic area.
Must be at least 18 years of age to serve as the primary guard*; at least 16 years of age if acting as the second guard.
Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
Current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent.
Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
* A 17 year old lifeguard may serve as the primary guard if the following criteria have been met and documented in the HR file:
Guard has worked as a lifeguard for the YMCA of Central for at least 6 months
Guard has received at least 12 hours of in-service training at the YMCA of Central Ohio
Guard has been interviewed & approved by the branch aquatics and executive director
Guard’s skills have been evaluated and approved by a member of the YMCA of Central Ohio’s risk management team